Friday, March 5, 2010

Perfect Circles

What an inspirational video this is. I knew after I saw this, that I wanted it on my Blog, so I could share it with others. We are all imperfect circles, but we can all be lifted up by our Savior, and made perfect in Him. It really shows me the love our Savior and our Heavenly Father has for us, to have the characteristic of absolute and perfect love, even to love something so crooked and imperfect as I.

The scripture in Ether 12:27 says, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me." This is such an amazing scripture. It has so much meaning in our lives, and it's also amazing because it’s a chameleon scripture that pertains to many situations and many people. First of all there are many forms of weakness. As the scriptures say, "the natural man is an enemy of god." (Mosiah 3:19). We all start as natural men on this earth and thus we are weak in the beginning. Other weaknesses are those of disabilities. Whatever our weaknesses may be, we are told that as long as we are able to humble ourselves, and do our best, our Savior's grace will bring us back to him. How wonderful this promise is because we are told that, "no unclean thing can enter into the Kingdom of God." (Moses 6: 57).


We cannot rely solely on grace, by our work we are also judged. President David O. McKay related a story which illustrates the relationship between works and grace.


He told of a group of boys who were learning to swim when one fell into a treacherous hole in the stream. The boy would have drowned but for a quick-thinking companion who extended a branch to him and helped pull him to shore. "There are those who claim that no one will sink and be lost if he will look to Jesus on the shore and say, ‘I believe.’ There are others who declare that everyone must by his own efforts swim to the shore or be lost forever. The real truth is that both of these extreme views are incorrect. Christ redeemed all men from death which was brought upon them through no act of theirs, but He will not save men from their personal transgressions who will put forth no effort themselves, any more than the young rescuer on the river bank could have saved the drowning lad if the latter had not seized the means provided him. Neither can man save himself without accepting the means provided by Christ for man’s salvation.”


The Lord does not require us to runs faster than we have strength, but he does expect us to do our best. If we do so, I know that the Lord's grace is sufficient to carry us home to our Heavenly Father. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment